Join Fr. Peter DeFazio on a pilgrimage to Medjugorje, May 3rd - 11th, 2020. Aside from first class accommodations at the home of Ivan the visionary, you will explore your faith and deepen your relationship with God and Our Lady of Medjugorje.
There are a number of good spiritual reasons to make a pilgrimage. For many it is like a retreat, a time away from home and the regular routine to concentrate on the spiritual life without distractions — a time for prayer and meditation, learning and enrichment. For others, it is a time of intercession, an opportunity to pray for a special intention or an occasion to offer thanksgiving for blessings received.
$2,899 pp round trip from Boston
Airfare from elsewhere can be arranged
- Round trip air from Boston to Sarajevo via Munich.
- Airport transfers by private motor coach
- 8 nights' hotel accommodation in Medjugorje with private bath and air conditioning.
- Breakfast & Dinner daily including wine with dinner.
- English-Speaking Guide.
- Special time of prayer and group meeting
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- $2,899 per person, double occupancy
- Single Supplement is $799.00 (limited singles available)
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended and available. Information will be provided upon request.
- Booking early is recommended as space is limited.
- Deposit of $900 is required at time of booking plus insurance premium, if applicable.
- Balance is due no later than March 15th, 2020.
Sunday, May 3rd, 2020
Depart Boston. Board your overnight flight to Sarajevo.
Monday, May 4th, 2020
After arriving in Sarajevo, you will be greeted by your tour guide/driver who will then take you on a 2.5 hour drive to your accommodation in Medjugorje. When you arrive in Medjugorje, you will be introduced to Ivan and your accommodations. After getting settled in your rooms, Ivan will join us for dinner and talk with you about the schedule for the following day.
Tuesday, May 5th - Sunday, May 10th, 2020
Experience the beauty and peace of this simple village. During your stay in Medjugorje you will have the opportunity to share your faith with thousands of pilgrims from all over the world. Our guide will accompany us throughout the week.
Each morning assemble at St. James Church for the English-language Mass. St. James is located right in the center of Medjugorje. After Mass, the priests always bless any religious items that people wish to have blessed. Saint James Church is the central place of worship in Medjugorje and its outside altar was built to hold large celebrations and festivals. The external area can accommodate over 5,000 people for Mass.
Each day after Mass, the group will have something scheduled. Some events planned during the pilgrimage include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Walking through the vineyards over to the Hill of Apparitions (Podbrdo). There you will hear the story of the first days of the apparitions, and then we will climb in prayer to the site of the first apparition. Time for quiet prayer and reflection at this extraordinary place of peace.
- Climb Mt. Krizevac, the Hill of the Cross, at whose summit there is a three ton cement Cross built in 1933 to commemorate the 19th Century of our Lord's Passion and Death. This is an intimate and reflective experience praying the Stations of the Cross as you climb. The Stations are marked by beautiful bronze plaques along the pathway.
- Visit Cenacolo, which is a community of recovering addicts, who use only prayer, fasting and physical work to heal themselves from their addictions. This is a very powerful encounter.
- Confessions are available throughout the day. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is held daily in the Adoration Chapel from 1pm until 6pm and and on Wednesday and Saturday from 10pm until 11pm. On Fridays, veneration of the Cross takes place in the main church.
Monday, May 11th, 2020
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach to Sarajevo airport for the return flight to Boston.
On June 25, 1981, in the mountain village of Medjugorje, Our Lady appeared to six children. She identified herself as the Blessed Virgin Mary - Queen of Peace. She continues to appear to these young children - now adults. Her mission is to promote peace with God and mankind through her son Jesus. Our Blessed Mother's own words to the children were, "I have come to tell the world that God exists".
Since the apparitions began in 1981, approximately 40 million people of all faiths, from all over the world, have visited Medjugorje and have left spiritually strengthened and renewed. Many bring back stories of miracles in the form of healing (of mind, body and spirit), supernatural visual signs, and deep conversions back to God. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones, to investigate with an open mind and heart the messages which are given to us by Our Lady of Medjugorje.
About Crystal Travel Pilgrimages
Crystal Travel has been arranging pilgrimages to Medjugorje since 1989. We have assisted many pilgrims on their journey, with most claiming to have experienced spirituality and peace like never before.
We try to run as many tours as there is demand for throughout the year and often have multiple tours running. If you cannot make this particular trip, click here to see other pilgrimages that are available.
Ivan Dragicevic is one of the visionaries and more than any other has brought the apparitions to America. As a child Ivan was not particularly religious. That changed abruptly when the apparitions began. He began to travel extensively, speaking and making his apparitions available to the public in churches upon invitation.
Having received only nine of the ten secrets Ivan still has an apparition every day. Before the apparitions Ivan was very, very shy and though he became a lot more outspoken, he still dislikes the attention that goes along with being a visionary. Ivan is serious and deep. His special ministry, entrusted to him by the Virgin, is to pray for young people as well as for priests.